Friday, August 8, 2008

Event Report: Lolita Tea Party at Royal/T

Recently, I attended the Royal/T X Japan LA Lolita Tea Party, and dressed up a storm, as they say.

What: Lolita Tea Party. High tea was served, a photo booth was set up by some artwork, paparazzi snapped photos, and girls got to socialize.
When: August 3, 2008
Where: Royal/T maid cafe in Culver City, (Los Angeles!) CA
Who: Thrown by Japan-goods store Japan LA
Why: To promote Japanese street style here in LA and get business rolling over at Royal/T.

Americajin.com has some more to say about our Japanese street style over on his site, as well. Can you spot me? It shouldn't be TOO hard...

I had loads of fun, and got to see some amazing coordinates. And, of course, it was a fabulous excuse to dress up.

My coordinate from the event.



My outfit breakdown:
Tricorn hat, shoes: BABY, THE STARS SHINE BRIGHT
Skirt: Angelic Pretty
Top/corset: Vivienne Westwood
Wristlets, ruffled tie-on collar: handmade by myself
Socks: Candy Stripper
Jabot: Algonquins


And of course, some of my best friends were on site for this event.
I adore the sweet look as well (as exhibited by the two beautiful blonds on the left and right (Jenny and Lauran, respectively), but I always feel myself compelled to go to the dark side. My friend Truemee (second from right) and I (duh, guess which one!) decided that black chic was more appropriate for this paparazzi filled event.

No comments: