Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Glam Eyelashes from Kakuyasu Uchiide: Bat, Bat, Batter up.













I am in love with the ultra-glam look of these fluttery buddies. This kind of reckless abandon for all things practical is a large part of what I love about dressing up. The crazier, more over-the-top, and more impractical I make my fashion, the more I feel like an artist decorating a palette
, rather than just a girl picking pre-selected popular fashions from the rack.

Ironically, my, and many other fashionable ladies', devil-may-care attitude about the glory that is dressing up was poo-pooed by the hypocritical designer of these lovely lashes. In Kakuyasu Uchiide's interview on PingMag.com , he annoyingly comments on Japanese youth culture's obsession with fashion:

"Being an extreme thing is not so good. I like young people who are trying to find their originality through fashion and make-up that is suitable for their income."

Uhm... am I taking crazy pills? His very industry hovers around making HIGH FASHION goods for a select clientèle of only those who can afford it. Extremes in fashion are something I'm always striving for, though I understand that others may not share my strange hobby. I live within my means, but I try to dress fabulous. And so should you.

Mr. Uchiide is head make-up artist for Shu Uemura's cosmetics line.

Don't worry, buddy. I still like your lashes.


Also, this just in:


Wait, wait, wait..... so... BAZAAR Magazine is trying to tell us that.. LUCY LIU IS
ASIAN?!? or... or... AMERICAN? Or BOTH?! Haha... Her horrifying spread centered around Olympics and ACTUALLY draping herself in Chinese and US flags is featured in the August 2008 issue of BIZZAARO.

No comments: